General security Information for Buyers
– Never send money to an unknown seller via a money transfer service. Never pay for a guitar through Western Union.
– Always check the information provided by the seller. The phone number, address or customer comments can often be found online. You can also ask the seller to provide you with additional information, photos and documents about the guitar.
– You can also make the purchase in person and make the exchange in a safe place.
– We do not provide your personal e-mail address when you communicate with a seller through our system. This is to protect you from people who might use our platform for phishing or other fraudulent purposes.
– If you find a suspicious offer, please contact our OhGuitar support team by phone (+49 721-66984830) or via our contact form. A possible indication that an offer is suspicious is if the price of the guitar is significantly below its market value.
– If you choose to pay through an external escrow service, please contact the escrow service directly for information. Do not rely on the e-mails sent by the seller.
General information for Vendors
– Always check that the payment was received into your account (from the bank, PayPal, etc.) through your own login or bank statement before sending the goods. Do not rely on emails sent by the buyer or supposed confirmation letters.
– Potential buyers who offer you more than the sale price should be treated with caution.
– Do not rely on correspondence with foreign banking institutions asking for a parcel to be sent to you. Always check that the payment has been credited to your own account.
– Be careful with potential buyers who communicate with you via text messages. Fake emails from PayPal or from financial institutions such as Royal Bank may ask you for an unreasonable refund. Always check that you have received payment into your own account.
– You can also complete the sale in person and make the exchange in a safe place. We recommend that you choose a secure or protected location, such as a jewellery store.
– We do not show your email address when you communicate with a customer through our system. This helps protect you from people who want to abuse our platform for phishing or other fraudulent purposes.PayPal
– If you and the buyer have agreed to pay via PayPal, always check the payment receipt in your PayPal account before shipping the goods. Only rely on the information contained in your own online statement, not on any supposed confirmation email from PayPal.
– If you and the buyer have agreed to pay by bank transfer, always check if the payment has been credited to your account before sending the goods. Only rely on your bank details, not on expected email confirmations.
– Do not rely on correspondence with foreign banks asking you to send the shipment. Always check the payment receipt in your own account.
Payment by check
– Be careful with checks from outside your country. First of all, the money is temporarily credited to your account. Even if you already see the amount in your bank statement, the check may bounce later and the bank will withdraw the money.